Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Caffeinated Art of Mine: Dreaming of the Coffee Break during Boring Presentations and Meetings





I would like to thank the boring presenters at different conferences and meetings out there! :) When I am bored, I start dreaming of a coffee break, and the caffeinated "art" is born, as a result. Please, click on the sketches in order to enlarge them.


From: “Poetry of Escapism”

*When I Develop a Cancer*

When I develop a cancer,
I will leave my day job.
(I think it’s a perfect excuse.)
Good bye, academic robe!

I will put on medieval dress,
Decorate it with purple roses,
The candle will tremble as I
Start rereading my students’ MOZes.

With the clear cold filtered water,
I will slip into machine's chamber
To be brewed into ounce of espresso
For some bored faculty member.

(3 February, 2010)

(c) Svetlana Alexandrovna Makeyeva


I know I can be boring as well: I saw students yawning in my classes (!) And I saw my professor drawing while I was giving the presentation about my thesis last week (!) Or maybe our Department lacks a good espresso machine... preferably, Italian. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanted to say something? I am looking forward to your comment.