Wednesday, July 13, 2011

German Students Exploring the Basics of the Muslim Women Fashion

The students who wanted a grade from me had to take an exam this Tuesday. The exam was made up of two parts: test (10 questions) and essay (min. one A4 page, max. three A4 pages of handwriting). The students could earn an extra point for the test. They had to draw women wearing: 1. hijab, 2. niqab, 3. burqa. Most of the students writing the test completed the task successfully. (One must mention, most of the students taking the test could be identified as white Germans). So, here are some great/funny/strange drawings, which I would like to share with you in my blog. :) No names of the students will be revealed---don't even ask me. Enjoy!

These are my favourites. I like the second drawing very-very much. However, the characters in the first drawing "show" emotions. Hence, the first drawing is the Top1 on my list. The second drawing reveals the author's better drawing techniques, though. :)










The drawings below are neat. The characters have smiles on their faces.














The clothes of these Muslim women are darker and have texture.








This Muslim woman does not smile anymore.










An example of a Muslim woman who has "a window to look through"...














And here is an example of a faceless and empty-eyed Muslim woman.














Vampire Muslim woman.
















I think, the students wanted to save time and forgot to dress up some of the women. :)













Ghosts.














The most abstract woman wearing burqa I have ever seen on paper. XD










etc.

I am happy that the majority of students can distinguish hijab from niqab. In my humble opinion, it is not intelligent to call any item on the Muslim woman's head --- burqa. Please, stop doing it!

1 comment:

You wanted to say something? I am looking forward to your comment.