Monday, March 30, 2009

Glamorous Coffin for the Newspaper Industry

Newspaper ad revenues have fallen 23% in the last two years. Some papers are in bankruptcy, and others have lost three-quarters of their value. By our calculations, nearly one out of every five journalists working for newspapers in 2001 is now gone, and 2009 may be the worst year yet.

See the sixth report on the American journalism "State of the News Media 2009" issued by the Pew Research on March 16, 2009.

Watch the decline of the old media (well, except the cable television which is flourishing!!!)




For details, I suggest visiting A Year in the News section of the The State of the News Media report on StateOfTheMedia On-line.

We observe the end of the printed newspaper industry. If I were an owner of another dying newspaper, I would have organized a glamorous burrial of the last issue of my newspaper: an exclusive kitchy plastic coffin for each of my farewell newspaper distributed by sellers dressed as Snowhites and dwarfs. Price?.. Double.

I wonder, why that dwarf doesn't look sad ENOUGH...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanted to say something? I am looking forward to your comment.