Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Joe Trippi Effect

Today I've reread Joe Trippi's Afterword from "Revolution Will Not Be Televised". It is awesome. Every time I read it, I become inspired.

Yet my enthusiasm was shattered by dreadful news which relate to me directly. I can say, "Why, who cares?" But I am not a little scared animal anymore. And I hate it all too much to stay away this time.

For the sake of my record: it started with a Wikipedia entry about Kyrgyzstani presidential election, 2009. I copy-paste the piece which drives me mad.

A presidential election will be held in Kyrgyzstan on 23 July 2009. The date was set after the constitutional court ruled that the extension of the presidential term from four to five years did not apply until the next presidential election, calling for elections by 25 October 2009; in response, a parliament committee proposed the July election date, which was then passed by the incumbent president Kurmanbek Bakiyev's Ak Zhol-dominated parliament.[1] Bakiyev had previously announced his intention to run for reelection.[2]

The article is available here.
NOW READ THIS.
Unfortunately, The Pre-election Fauna of Beshbarmakiya (whole website is a political satire) is available only in Russian.

And the it-feeling motivates me to do something. But due to many reasons (personal and political) I shut up my mouth and carry out my plan alone in darkness.

P.S.: Joe Trippi, you are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You wanted to say something? I am looking forward to your comment.